English | Español
Out of an abundance of caution and to help mitigate and reduce any unnecessary exposure and spread of COVID-19, ACPD asks that the public report applicable non-emergency incidents using the online reporting system. Officers continue to proactively patrol the County and respond to in-progress crimes and emergency calls where there is an immediate threat to life, health or property.
Welcome to the Arlington County Police Department Online Police Reporting Service. Using this service allows you to submit select police reports at your convenience.
IF THIS IS AN EMERGENCY OR CRIME IN PROGRESS, PLEASE CALL 911
Types of Crime Reports That Can Be Filed Online:
- Crash – Hit and Run: Damage caused by another vehicle in which the driver should have left information or fled the scene without stopping to provide information.
- Crash – No Injury (less than $1,500 damage): You are involved in a minor crash and need to report the information to police for insurance purposes.
- Crash – Private Property: You are involved in a minor crash on private property or you are the owner of the property.
- Credit Card Fraud: Any person who obtains someone else’s credit card and uses it to purchase items.
- Fraud/False Pretenses: Any person who fraudulently obtains or sells goods and services.
- Harassing Phone Calls: Any person who repeatedly, with the intent to annoy, telephones or makes contact by means of an electronic communication. For example, immediate hang-ups, obscene language, emails, text messages with no known suspects.
- Identity Theft: Any person who obtains someone else’s personal identifying information and uses it to obtain credit, goods or services.
- Larceny/Theft: Personal property taken without your permission.
- Larceny/Theft from Vehicle: Property taken from a motor vehicle.
- Suspicious Circumstances: Information you would like to report to the police but is not necessarily a crime.
- Vandalism: Any person who maliciously damages, destroys or defaces public or private property. For example, knocking over a mailbox or spray painting a wall.
- Graffiti should be reported by calling Police Non-Emergency at 703-558-2222.
- Vehicle Tampering: Any person who tampers with a motor vehicle without theft or damage.
Your incident must meet the following criteria:
- The incident is not an emergency.
- The incident occurred within Arlington, Virginia.
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- No one was injured as a result of this incident.
- No firearms were involved in the incident.
- You must have internet access and an email address.
Once you have submitted your report:
- You will immediately receive a temporary report number and be able to print a copy of the report you just made.
- All incidents reported using the Online Police Reporting Service will be reviewed, on average once every 24 hours (possibly longer on weekends and holidays), and upon approval will become an official police report.
- If further investigation of your reported incident is needed, you will be contacted by email or telephone.
- Once the report has been approved, an Arlington County Police Department official report number will be issued, and a copy of the final report will be emailed back to you.
- The approval process may take up to five business days. If you have any questions about the status of your case please contact 703-228-4151 or 703-228-4152 , Monday-Friday 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
FILING A FALSE POLICE REPORT IS A CRIME
If the incident you wish to report does not meet the criteria for online reporting, call 911 for an Emergency or 703-558-2222 for Non-Emergency Police Response.