Parking Ticket Appeals

Option 1: Pay Citation
There is a $25 late fee if the payment is not received within 30 days from the date the citation was issued.

Option 2: Contest in Court
Per Arlington County Code 14/2-95, your intent to contest a citation must be submitted within 30 days from the date the citation was issued.

Option 3: Appeal a County Decal violation
If you wish to appeal a ticket issued for no county decal or expired county decal, you should first appeal to the Treasurer’s Office by email at or by phone at 703-228-3090. Your appeal should include the violation number, license plate number, violation date, your name and contact information and a brief statement explaining why you are contesting the violation. If the Treasurer’s Office is unable to dismiss your ticket you may contest it in court.

Option 4: Report a Broken Meter
If the Meter Maintenance Department is unable to dismiss your citation you will have to contest your citation in court.

Option 5: If you used a Treasurer’s Office iPark device on your rear view mirror to pay for park and received a citation relating to your iPark device, you need to bring your iPark device to the Treasurer’s Office at 2100 Clarendon Blvd to be tested. A multi-space meter receipt is not an iPark device.

Option 6: If you paid for parking using Parkmobile and still received a citation, please see the FAQ for directions on how to appeal your citation.

Frequently asked questions about parking tickets