Service Fees

The Records Management Section Customer Service Counter accepts cash, credit/debit cards, money orders and company checks (payable to the Treasurer of Arlington) for all service-fee payments. For more information, call or visit during business hours (Mon.- Fri., 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.):

ACPD Records Management Section
1425 N. Courthouse Road, Suite 2100
Arlington, VA 22201

Criminal History Background Check ($10 Fee)

To obtain your own criminal history background check, you must pay the $10 fee and provide a valid, unexpired government-issued photo ID, which includes one of the following:

  • Driver’s license
  • Passport/visa
  • Green card
  • State-issued ID card

Note: This background check only includes arrests made in the County by ACPD.

To obtain another person’s criminal history, you must provide a copy of a valid photo ID of that person, your valid photo ID and a current notarized authorization letter. You may also present a power of attorney, which authorizes you to conduct a criminal background check on the individual from ACPD or from all local police departments within Virginia.

Note: If you live within the Washington Metropolitan area, you must appear in person to request a criminal history background check. If you live outside the area, you can mail in your request – just complete the Criminal History Record Form.

Police Incident Report Verifications ($10 Fee)

You can request a Police Incident Report Verification, in person or by mail, if the report lists you as the victim, complaint/reported party. The verification includes information from the original report, including:

  • The victim’s name
  • The incident’s address
  • The offense
  • The report number
  • A brief summary
  • Any stolen/damaged items
  • Any injuries received

When making your request, you must pay the $10 fee and provide a copy of your valid photo ID and all the necessary information concerning the incident.

Note: If you’re a suspect, arrestee or representing attorney, or if you have any questions, contact the Internal Affairs Division at 703-228-4161.

Accident Reports ($10 Fee)

You can request an accident report if you:

  • Were involved in the accident
  • Are an owner of the property involved in the accident
  • Were an injured passenger/pedestrian listed in the report
  • Are an insurance company or attorney representing the person(s) involved

Note: If the accident report doesn’t list your name or your client’s name,  you can’t receive a copy of the accident report.

To obtain an accident report, you must pay the $10 fee by either:

  • Visiting the Records Management Section Customer Service Counter
  • Mailing your request (include a copy of your valid photo ID) to the Records Management Section (see above address)
  • Submitting the Accident Report Request Form online